Resume of Taylor Oliphant
Resume of Taylor Oliphant
Summary of Skills
- Administrator level knowledge of Linux, OpenBSD, OS X, most Windows systems, and common servers such as Apache
- Extensive knowledge relating to accessible website development
- Strong business writing, copy editing, and logical analysis skills
- Familiarity with all common CRMs, office software and FOSS alternatives
- Mastery of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Painter, GIMP, Inkscape and Krita
- Working knowledge of all common graphic design, illustration and motion graphic software
Web Development, Graphic Design and IT Consulting | 1/95 – Current
Freelance Nerd | The A-Z of tech consulting, usually involving programming and/or employee training
In no particular order, past clients include: E-Trade, The Anti-Defamation League, Morgan Stanley, Give Power Foundation, Charles Schwab, Discover Brokerage, Girls on the Run, Paramount, SunPower, One Million Lights, Kimeli Wilson Naiyomah / American African Nuru Foundation, Indu Lotion, and secretive radio networks
BondPartner.com / BondResources.com | 2/00 – 1/02
VP of Integration and Design | Programming, creative direction, and liaison services
During my tenure I aided in the development of the internet’s first real-time bond news and information portal, BondResources.com. Specifically I aided in creating a CMS for site development and maintenance using an advanced Perl wiki. Additionally, I managed the integration of our content for client sites such as E-Trade.com, MSDWOnline.com and Schwab.com.
ComputerWare: The MacSource | 3/99 – 2/00
Sales Representative | Sales and service of Apple computers and accessories
Before there were Apple stores, there was ComputerWare. My job duties included sales, business to business services, and clerical work. I was responsible for every level of customer relationship management and was fortunate enough to occasionally meet some of the rising stars in Silicon Valley.
Mexitel Communications, LLC | 6/97 – 1/99
IT Manager | UNIX/NT network administration and purchase planning
At Mexitel I was responsible for building and maintaining the San Mateo branch office LAN, in addition to interfacing several types of servers with Mexitel’s proprietary payphone billing software. Duties also included tech support for field workers and PBX programming.
Refract Media, Inc | 3/95 – 5/96
Web Developer / Graphic Artist | Web development and server administration
Refract Media was a digital marketing company launched from Steve Wozniak’s basement. I was 14 and going to school in Los Gatos at the time, which has more to do with my role in the company than any special gift I may have possessed. (Although I did think of the name, which I suppose at least resembles some sort of natural leadership ability.) My duties included graphic design, web programming, and Linux/Apache administration.
- San Mateo High School / Los Gatos High School: Graduated high school at age 15
- Cuyahoga Community College: Associate of Arts, Magna Cum Laude
- Excelsior College: Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts, Magna Cum Laude
- Harvard Extension School: Master’s in Sustainability – In progress
Awards and Accomplishments
- While VP of Integration and Design at BondResources.com we were awarded Best Bond Site by Money Magazine.
- While developing Mexitel’s IT strategy we were featured in the Wall Street Journal as a fast moving company to watch.
- The American African Nuru Foundation relied on promotional material I created to fund and build a solar power station which currently provides electricity for the entire village of Emprukel, Kenya.
- I completed the Robert L. Lewis Academy of Scholars program at Cuyahoga Community College in which I developed freeware news tracking software for nonprofit organizations. The current incarnation can be found at nonprofs.org.
- I’m an International High IQ Society member. IQ tests put me between 126-142 annoying yet lovable IQ points.